|Today's air quality is mauve and speckled. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"Wheat & Wheat By-Products" is the 11th episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on November 14, 2012.
An important announcement from the Night Vale Council for Commerce to regularly consume wheat & wheat by-products. Plus, the dangers of discount bloodstones, property taxes going up, and changes afoot in our health insurance policies!
Plot Developments Edit
- Wheat & Wheat By-Products: This dangerous material and its by-products are banned by the City Council.
- Ancient Indian Magics: The Apache Tracker reappears, and now seems to actually be Native American.
- The Underground City: Both the newly Native American Apache Tracker and Old Woman Josie's angel friends have taken an interest in the Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Arcade Fun Complex.
- Weird Science: The federal government sends Night Vale $1.5 billion in disaster relief due to the massive earthquake that nobody felt and which caused no damage.
- Russian: The Apache Tracker now speaks only Russian.
- According to Meg Bashwiner, Joseph Fink created the episode because he liked the phrase "wheat and wheat by-products" so much he decided to write a story about it. 
|Today is the last day of your life up to this point.|
A version of this episode was performed live on March 20th, 2013 at Rebel Girl NYC.
This is the first episode to feature Meg Bashwiner in the credits, a role she continues to this day.