"Welcome to Night Vale: A Novel" is the first Welcome to Night Vale novel. It was released in hardcover, eBook and audiobook (read by Cecil Baldwin) on 20 October 2015.
Links to sites selling the book can be found here.
Nineteen-year-old Night Vale pawn shop owner Jackie Fierro is given a paper marked "KING CITY" by a mysterious man in a tan jacket holding a deer skin suitcase. Everything about him and his paper unsettles her, especially the fact that she can't seem to get the paper to leave her hand, and that no one who meets this man can remember anything about him. Jackie is determined to uncover the mystery of King City and the man in the tan jacket before she herself unravels.
Night Vale PTA treasurer Diane Crayton's son, Josh, is moody and also a shape shifter. And lately Diane's started to see her son's father everywhere she goes, looking the same as the day he left years earlier, when they were both teenagers. Josh, looking different every time Diane sees him, shows a stronger and stronger interest in his estranged father, leading to a disaster Diane can see coming, even as she is helpless to prevent it.
Diane's search to reconnect with her son and Jackie's search for her former routine life collide as they find themselves coming back to two words: "KING CITY". It is King City that holds the key to both of their mysteries, and their futures...if they can ever find it.
- The Man in the Tan Jacket is revealed to be the mayor of King City, and confirmed to be a fly salesman
- Diane Crayton and Jackie Fierro grow notably closer
- Jackie starts aging, being 21 at the end of the story
- Jackie found out the truth about her family and why she can't remember anything about her childhood or her life before the pawnshop
A reading of the first chapter of this novel was released as a bonus episode of the podcast on 15 July 2015.
- External link to Amazon store page for purchasing the book