|The Arctic is lit by the midnight sun. The surface of the moon is lit by the face of the Earth. Our little town is lit too, by lights just above that we cannot explain. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"Station Management" is the third episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on 15 July 2012.
It's contract renewal time with Station Management, and negotiations get tricky. Plus, a new city litter initiative, books stop working, and a creeping fear comes to town!
Plot Developments Edit
- Old Media Blues: The Night Vale Daily Journal cuts their publication schedule to Monday through Thursday, citing "the economic downturn and a massive decline in the literate population."
- Telly the Traitor: Carlos's beautiful, beautiful hair is cut by Telly the Barber.
- Angels: Old Woman Josie was protected from the "creeping fear" by the angels.
- Intern Death Toll: Intern Chad, missing and presumed dead after investigating the Used and Discount Sporting Goods Store on Flint Drive. Also, Jerry, the afternoon switchboard operator (referred to as "an intern" by Cecil) is killed by or corporeally absorbed into Station Management.
- The "monster noises" featured in the episode are actually a digitally manipulated sounds of drinking straws against plastic lids. 
|There’s a special place in Hell. It’s really hip. Very exclusive.|