Roger Harlan is Earl Harlan's son. He is approximately 8 or 9 years old, but neither he nor Earl has any memories of his life before he suddenly appeared.
- Episode 56 "Homecoming": Earl states that he recently came into adulthood after decades of being 19, and found himself with a home and a son.
- Episode 61 "BRINY DEPTHS": Earl is still struggling to understand his new son.
- Episode 65 "Voicemail": Earl has finally asked Roger for his name.
- Episode 78 "Cooking Stuff: Thanksgiving Special": Earl recounts his life with Roger.
- Episode 133 "Are You Sure?"