|A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"Pilot" is the first episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on 15 June 2012.
Plot Developments Edit
- Do Not Approach the Dog Park: The dog park officially opens at the corner of Earl and Summerset.
- Angels: The angels reveal themselves to Old Woman Josie.
- Cecil and Carlos' Relationship: A perfect and beautiful scientist arrives to study Night Vale, "the most scientifically interesting community in the U.S.". Cecil "[falls] in love instantly".
- Weird Science: Carlos and his team discover a house in Desert Creek that does not, technically, exist; constant, catastrophic earthquakes that nobody can feel; and that the sun set ten minutes later than it should have.
- Water, Water Nowhere: The Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area opens, despite a complete lack of water.
- The Post Office: The Indian Tracker (sic) swears to investigate the "great howling" heard from the Night Vale Post Office.
- The Underground City: Teddy Williams discovers the entrance to a vast, underground city underneath the Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Arcade Fun Complex.
- According to Meg Bashwiner, Joseph Fink used his own song as the Weather for this episode because it was the one piece of music he had rights to. 
- This episode was created by Joseph Fink alone, with no contribution from Jeffrey Cranor.
- The credits for this episode were read by Joseph Fink.
|Look to the north. Keep looking. There’s nothing coming from the south.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.