|Dress for success. Put on your tall hat and rubber gloves and long gray coat. Success requires this specific outfit. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"Past Time" is the 84th episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on March 15, 2016.
Plot Developments Edit
- Trial of the Century: Hiram's violet head calls Cecil to announce that he is withdrawing himself as a witness for the prosecution. All five heads agree that Cecil should break Hiram out of jail in order to secure Hiram's help in the coming struggle.
- Intern Maureen: Though not named, she is referenced in a "Hey There Cecil" letter, along with the boy in the hoodie and their sinister beagle puppy.
- The Crates: Lucia reveals that the movement of crates out of Night Vale has been ongoing since at least 1843.
- Baseball is, famously, "America's Pastime".
- Violet's line "Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large; I contain multitudes" is not, as Cecil claims, from the movie Die Hard; it's from "Song of Myself", a poem in Walt Whitman's AmLit staple "Leaves of Grass". (See also the intro to Episode 42, Numbers, which riffs on "I Sing The Body Electric".)
|Dance like the government is watching.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.