|A friendly desert community, where the sun is still hot, the moon still beautiful, and mysterious lights still pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"One Year Later" is the 25th episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on June 15, 2013 and marks the one-year anniversary of the podcast.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
It has been one year since the first episode. One year since strange things began underneath lane five of the Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Arcade Fun Complex. One year since the arrival of Night Vale's most beautiful person: Carlos.
Plot Developments[edit | edit source]
- The Underground City: The invasion begins. Carlos discovers that the city is not massive and deep below the earth, but tiny and only a few feet down.
- Apache Tracker: He is killed saving Carlos from the city's attack.
- Russian: The Apache Tracker still speaks only Russian.
- Cecil and Carlos' Relationship: Carlos returns Cecil's affections.
- The Man in the Tan Jacket: Cecil notes that the Man has the Mayor's ear.
Recurring Segments[edit | edit source]
|Fun game: Say "toy boat" over and over. Do it for the rest of your life. Retreat from society, and live on alms. Whisper, "toy boat," as you die.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
A version of this episode was performed live on June 11th, 2013 at Webster Hall.