|The sun is bright, the moon is irrelevant and we are light and light and light and light. We're light.|
|Think back, look forward, listen timelessly. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"Old Oak Doors Part A" is the first half of the 49th episode of Welcome to Night Vale, and the first half of the Night Vale 2nd anniversary live show. It was released on June 15, 2014.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Plot Developments[edit | edit source]
- Old Oak Doors: Old oak doors begin appearing all over town as light pours from them, but eventually all disappear when the masked army returns to the desert otherworld.
- Election Day / The Next Mayor: The election is finally held, and Dana Cardinal is named the next mayor of Night Vale.
- StrexCorp Synernists Incorporated: StrexCorp is forced out of town and bought by the angels.
- Intern Death Toll: Intern Jeremy will be missed, but Intern Maureen returns. Maureen mentions some former interns, implying they all perished, including some we might not know, Rob and Ziv, and some previously thought might have survived their internship, Brad and Paolo. In the meantime, she still needs college credit, so Cecil rehires her and sends her off to the Library to do some research.
Recurring Segments[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Old Oak Doors Parts A and B were recorded live at The Town Hall in NYC on June 4, 2014, and split up into two parts due to length.
- Old Oak Doors Part A is the first episode without a Weather segment or proverb.
Instead the episode concludes with Joseph Fink announcing "End of part A", followed by a chime.
- This is the first live show to be released as a regular episode.
- Live Music: Disparition featuring: Jon Bernstein, Deepthi Welaratna, Valerie Evering, and Mari Yamamoto.
- Joseph Fink speaks from the room he's been locked in while various imposters have spread across the world.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- This tweet has a picture of another appearance of Deb.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.