|I sing the body electric. I grasp the body organic. I miss the body remembered. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"Numbers" is the 42nd episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on March 1, 2014.
Some strange new developments at the local numbers station, WZZZ. Plus, an update on former intern Dana, tips on how to get out of a geographical loop, and constant press conferences from outgoing mayor Pamela Winchell.
- Dana In The Dog Park: Cecil gets an email from Dana again and describes experiences that don't quite match what was learned previously.
- Condos: No one has rented a condo in weeks now.
- The Man in the Tan Jacket: The Man in the Tan Jacket tried to say something, but everyone forgot.
- Mayoral Election of 2014: Mayor Pamela Winchell has increased the number of daily press conferences but seems a bit dejected. She's stepping down in 3 months.
- The Singularity: Another computer achieves sentience and chooses a name, but is reset back to its usual operation.
- StrexCorp Synernists Incorporated: Cecil sympathizes with Fey's predicament, saying that there is no worse fate than working at a radio station owned by an organization with goals that are not her own, constricted to the limited language they allow her, and relaying messages she does not understand or agree with, and saying that a radio announcer put into that situation would be justified in escaping or overthrowing their management.
|Ignore all the haters telling you that everything isn't a sandwich. Everything is a sandwich.|
- This episode it the first of only two appearances of Fey in the podcast as of worms..., the second being in Voicemail.
- "Definitely Joseph Fink" assures us there is only one Joseph Fink, but has a new voice.
- This is the only Welcome to Night Vale episode so far to be marked "Explicit" by iTunes.
- A version of this episode was performed live on March 28th, 2014 at Emerald City Comic Con.
- The intro is a riff on Walt Whitman's poem "I Sing The Body Electric". Whitman will be quoted again in Episode 84 Past Time.