We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Is this the first time you’ve heard me say this? Are you sure? Welcome to Night Vale.|
"Are You Sure?" is the 133rd episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on September 1, 2018.
Is this the first time you've heard me say this? Are you sure?
- Weird Time: Timeline diverges in Night Vale and every event happens over and over again, but with totally different outcomes.
- Time travel: In one version of the divergent timeline, the anomaly is caused by Telly the Barber trying to change the past and prevent Carlos' hair from being cut. In another version of reality, the anomaly is caused by Leann Hart traveling in time over and over and selling her newspaper throughout hundreds of timelines, during which process she became more and more involved in the events happening around her, eventually influencing many of the timelines through her actions.
- Three different versions of the episode were released, with the person responsible for the timeline divergence being respectively Earl Harlan, Leann Hart, and Telly the Barber. When playing the episode, one will hear one version with no indication that the other two exist. The version one hears seems to be random.
- In order to listen to the three versions, listen to it on the Welcome to Night Vale website and click play again after finishing the episode. Listening via podcast apps does not always play a different version.
- It is implied that all three are the true timeline as there are references in multiple episodes alluding to the events in the three versions:
|This one weird trick doesn’t seem to have any real purpose. But maybe give it a try anyway.|
|— Earl version|
|True change starts with the person in the mirror. He’s standing far behind you, barely visible. He’s really going to change things.|
|— Leann version|
|How do I love thee? Let me tally up all the points I’ve assigned to your personal value with respect to my needs.|
|— Telly version|