|To err is human. But to err is also computer. We’ll have to find another test to reveal which of us are secretly bots. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"After 3327" is the 81st episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on February 1, 2016.
Night Vale High School’s AP Auto Shop teacher demonstrates some of his inventions at the Museum of Forbidden Technologies. Plus, a visit from an adorable puppy, an update on the Trial of the Century, and a look at the Community Calendar.
- "Nick Teller" appears to be an alias for scientist Nikola Tesla (1856-1943).
- The title references Tesla's death on 7 January 1943, in room 3327 of the New Yorker Hotel.
- Tesla was interested in wireless transmission, and claimed to have built a wireless energy-transmitting weapon. The Tunguska Event in 1908 is sometimes claimed to be a test of Tesla's weapon. Though the Tunguska Event isn't referenced in this episode, it's another event popularly ascribed to exotic phenomena and so fits in well with the Philadelphia Experiment story.
- Tesla is also rumored to have created a "free energy generator" like the one Nick Teller mentioned, which was supposed surpressed by governments.
- Nick's story about the boat that vanishes is a reference to the "Philadelphia Experiment", an American urban legend of a World War II military technology experiment gone horribly wrong. Tesla is not usually linked to this story, which is alleged to have occurred in fall 1943, as he had died several months earlier.
|You know what would be great? If someone finally made a movie showing Spider-Man’s origin story. I’d love to finally see that on the big screen.|